Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stockholm, Sweden

Day 4

Days two and three were much less eventful.  I worked 10-12 hours both days.

I made it here to Stockholm from Enkoping (Where Packsize Tech AB is) by train, it was a 45min ride.



 My Hotel in Stockholm.  Nicer then my hotel in Enkoping.  Notice there are no sheets on the bed.  Is that sanitary?


 On my way to Gamla Stan
 I love all the water and bridges not to mention the beautiful buildings.
 Here comes the parade.  THe Changing of the Gaurd at the Royal Palace




They march to the Royal Palace.  This is no High School marching Band.  These guys are Legit.  I was very impressed.  Only the parts of their bodies that needed to be moving were.  For example the drummers only moved from their elbows down when they were not marching.

They did an awsome little show after The Changign of the Gaurd.  They played some fun songs.




First stop on my self guided tour in my tourist book.  Statue of King Gustav III



Next stop, Obliesk, and behind it, the Cathedral.

This is the smallest statue in Stockholm.  It honors Stockholm's Orphans back in the day.

Thanks to the tall buildings and narrow there was a lot of shade for me most of the day.

Oldest buildings in Stockholm (year 1400)

Inside the Cathedral


St. George and The Dragon - A symbol of Hope

Huge Painting of The Last Judgement


The Alter



In front of the Royal Palace

I went on a Tour of the Royal Amory.  It was pretty sweet.  I loved the cariges.  They were pretty cool.  There were weapons dispalyed and old clothing the Kings and Queens wore- Reminded me of the movies, like Ever After.  There was also modern day clothing that has been worn by recent Kings/Queen/Prince/Princess.  There were some beautiful dresses!

Vasa Museum

These totally creeped me out!  They look SO real.  They are made from actual skeletons from the people who dies on the ship below.

Seriously, Creepy

This ship sunk 20 minutes into its Maiden Voyage because of a gust of wind.  It has been on the harbor floor for 333 years and was resurected in 1961.

This theme park looks like a lot of fun... Maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. Looks way cool! I'm jealous! - Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have seen some amazing sights. Looks like good weather too. I miss you! - Mom

    ReplyDelete